Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tuesday Night Bryan Park Crits

After taking about 3 years off I returned to the Bryan Park Crits, I had every intention of starting up front just behind Shawn Deal and next to Greg Gammon so as to keep my friends close. Well that plan went down the toilet pretty fast, either nerves, excitement or just being sloppy but I had a hard time getting into my pedal and when I thought I had got it locked in, it let go on me. So....... I'm now 3rd or 4th to last but at least I'm on a wheel and cruising around with the field creeping up to a 23 avg thinking about how rough the course has gotten out there and how some of the yuppy people that live near-by love to walk their dogs and have no problem walking in front of a mob pushing near 30 at times. I was so upset, a dog that was too close to the action cause me to check up losing the pack that I had been killing myself to keep up with but after 2 laps of riding alone Matt Marchall told me to just sit up and get back on, so I did. I was able to stay with the group and even get by a few people on the last lap. Not a bad night considering that 3 years ago I told myself that I would never race there again.... Who knew I would end up liking the place again..

No comments: