Sunday, May 18, 2008

My first cat 4 race

So today was my first race as a cat 4 and what a tough race it was. I expected them to take off from the start and then back off a little but I couldn't hang on long enough for the surge to slow down. Once that tiny gap opened up the head wind on the back straight just ripped me off the back of the pack. I'm happy that I did hang on for 8 laps or so (I think) before it happened. I was able to rejoin the pack as they lapped me a few times and others I completly missed the train and had to wait until they came back around again. With 4-5 laps to go I hear the head ref say "I'm sorry I gotta do it but I need you to pull off, the pack is too big" arg, at first I was upset then one lap after that there was a hard wreck in turn 3 so I was gratefull that I wasn't out there, I might not have missed it. I was sorry to see the plug get pulled on the race before the womans race went off, I was looking forward to seeing our girls taking care of bussiness out there, what a strong bunch.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I was bummed too. We had such a strong showing there yesterday!

Stupid rain.

You did really well for your first Cat. 4 race! Being thrown off the back sucks, I know. If you can get up front it's actually much nicer. You just have to be agressive with getting up there. Easier said then done sometimes though :-)

What's your next race?