Friday, May 23, 2008

Thursday Night Smackdown

Whew!!!! I'm a beat puppy, gotta love riding with a group that you're not familiar with. After getting frustrated and a little uneasy with the constant yo yo effect going on in the pace line I went off to the front and worked a tad bit too hard so when we started hitting the hills and the pace picked up SNAP, CRACKLE, POP!!!! I was toast and to add insult to injury I had my mad bombing speed down the hill on Winston wasted when I had to made an abrupt and painful lane change on the uphill to keep from killing the guy that had his chain spinning in between gears. The rest stop at the church was a welcome site and was able to ride up front again until the front half took off on ashland rd, man I really wanted to get on their wheels but I just couldn't do it. I got a good four bike line going pretty fast down cedar but when I hit the turn onto old Washington and pushed on I dropped them, not my intention but I'm good at that turn and that slight downhill there. After there my team mate Steven was back and took a nice easy spin back to the parking lot. Pretty fun ride overall, just hope that the sudden slowing in the pack is not a normal thing, that kind of stuff puts people down or in the ditch.... It's nice to be doing big group rides again, it's been WAY too long.

No comments: